LLM, LLB & GDLP
Service area: Family Law
Melanie graduated from Monash University where she developed a keen interest in family law. She has since completed her Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice and Masters of Law (Applied Law) majoring in family law.
Melanie commenced her legal career as a solicitor gaining experience in a broad range of areas including family law, property law, wills & estates, commercial law, immigration law and criminal law.
In the last five years Melanie worked exclusively in family law, first as a Senior Associate and now Principal Lawyer, heading the family law team at Lennon Lawyers and managing the day to day running of the firm.
Melanie’s passion combined with her personable and caring nature allows her to provide an empathetic and professional service while being dedicated to achieving positive and practical outcomes.
Melanie’s areas of expertise includes:
- Property settlements for married and de facto couples, including businesses, companies, trust structures, tax issues and third parties;
- Parenting matters, including residency, family violence, relocation, allegations of sexual abuse, parental alienation and parental incapacity associated with drug/alcohol abuse, mental health and/or terminal illness;
- Child support agreements and disputes;
- Spousal maintenance disputes;
- Financial Agreements – including pre and post nuptial agreements; and
- Family violence intervention orders.
Melanie is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria, the Family Law Section of Law Council of Australia and Victorian Women Lawyers.